Moving out of your student accommodation? Here’s our handy guide to storing all of your belongings this summer…
So you’ve finished you’re exams, the sun is shining and all you want to do is get back home to spend the summer with your family and friends.
Packing up your room, house and all of the random possessions you have acquired over the year is the last thing on your mind. But it has to be done, unless you want to return in September to find a first year wearing your clothes and playing your PlayStation.
Here’s some tips to help you out when it comes to packing up your stuff:
• Buy some bubble wrap and good quality, sturdy boxes
• Protect anything that is fragile with bubble wrap
• Heavier items should be packed into smaller boxes where possible, so that they are easier to carry
• Dishes and glasses (that aren’t still dirty) should be wrapped in bubble wrap or tissue paper
• Remember to mark boxes with ‘fragile’ where necessary
• Put expensive items such as laptops and iPod in their cases and then into you main piece of luggage so that they don’t get lost
• Organise your clothes into piles to save your mum having to do it when you get home!
So now you’ve packed and you’re saying goodbye to your house for the summer, it suddenly dawns on you that you have a lot of boxes to take home with you. They’re not going to fit on the train, and they probably won’t even fit in dad’s car and even if it did there’s no space at home for them to live for three months!
This is where we come in, using our storage facility is hassle free. We can help you find a unit that’s the right size for all your things. We offer competitive rates for students and you can rest assured you belonging will be safe and secure. So all you need to worry about over the summer is not losing the key to your unit!